Compact, Stabilized Telephoto Zoom for Full-Frame
A workhorse lens for events, sports, and portraiture, the Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 G OSS is a compact telephoto zoom featuring a constant f/4 maximum aperture, sophisticated G series optics, and useful AF and OSS. The smaller size, compared to an f/2.8 version, makes the lens a more portable option that is well-suited to all-day shoots and other situations where a more nimble, stabilized lens excels.
G Lens Series
- Two extra-low dispersion glass elements and one Super ED element help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- One aspherical element and two Advanced Aspherical (AA) elements help suppress astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- A Nano AR coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also lends greater control over focus position for shallow depth of field techniques.
- Versatile zoom range suits working with a variety of subjects, from portraiture and events applications to landscapes and sports shooting.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Image Stabilization, AF, and Handling
- Dual linear motors and an internal focus mechanism enable fast, responsive autofocus and object tracking. The lens can also focus as close as 3.3′ for close up imaging.
- Focus range limiter switch allows you constrain the usable focus range between a set limited range or full for improving focus speed
- Three focus hold buttons and an AF/MF switch is present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds.
This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera’s sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
Removable and rotating tripod collar for added stability and reducing strain on the camera’s lens mount.